1. Introduction: A New and Easy Way to Build Websites
Learn why you want to use Joomla to create an advanced, cool-looking site that’s easy to expand, customize, and maintain.
2. Installation: Getting Joomla Up and Running
Learn how to install Joomla on your own computer or on a web server, and how to create a sample site.
3. Web Building Basics: Creating a Site in an Hour
Here, you’ll face a real-life challenge of using Joomla to build a basic but expandable website fast. You’ll customize Joomla’s default sample site to fit your needs, adding content, menu links, and change the site’s look and feel.
4. Small Sites, Big Sites: Organizing your Content Effectively
Make it easy to add and find information on your site by designing a clear, expandable, and manageable structure for your content.
5. Creating Killer Content
Create content pages that are attractive and easy to read, and you’ll learn about different ways to add images and to tweak the page layout.
6. Helping Your Visitors Find What They Want: Managing Menus
Help the visitor to find what they want easily by designing clear and easy navigation through menus.
7. Opening Up the Site: Enabling Users to Log In and Contribute
Shows how to enable users to log in and allow them to create content and manage the website.
8. Getting the Most our of Your Site: Extending Joomla
Teaches you on how to extend Joomla’s capabilities using all sorts of extensions-using an image gallery to attractively display pictures, automatically showing article teasers on the home page, or enhancing your workspace by installing an easier content editor.
9. Creating an Attractive Design: Working with Templates
Explains how templates will give your site a fresh look and feel, and make it easy to create an individual look, different from a “typical” Joomla site. You’ll also learn to install and customize templates.
10. Attracting Search Engine Traffic: SEO Tips and Techniques
Will show how to increase your site’s visibility for search engines by applying Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, such as creating friendly URL’s.
11. Keeping the Site Secure
Will show you simple, common-sense steps you can take to keep your site safe from hackers or data loss.