Become Blockchain Certified Security Architect in 30 hours
Course Code: hsts-c53
What is included in this course
This course covers all practical aspects of blockchain security that exist in the blockchain environment today. This course provides a detailed overview of all blockchain security issues, including threats, risk mitigation, node security integrity, confidentiality, best security practices, advanced blockchain security and more.
This course is geared toward:
Existing architects, software developers, system and network administrators who are responsible for implementing, identifying, and managing security on their blockchain network. Also, those who are responsible for, and are required to mitigate, recognize, and resolve blockchain security problems.
Prerequisite and Follow-up courses:
This course covers many technical concepts in cybersecurity, so a good knowledge of cybersecurity, blockchain architecture, and/or programming is highly recommended. If you are not familiar with Linux programming, taking our Introduction to Linux and Shell programming course is required. Also, taking our Blockchain Solution Architect class is a prerequisite for this course.
After finishing this course, you can take any of the following classes that complement skills you learn in this course:
By finishing this course, you can take away the following:
- Identifying and differentiating between security threats and attacks on a blockchain network.
- Discussing blockchain security approaches, best practices, risk mitigation, and more.
- Reviewing all known or emerging cyber-attacks on the Blockchain.
- Performing blockchain network security risk analysis.
- Understanding of blockchain’s inherent security features and risks.
- Learning best security practices for blockchain system/network administrators.
- Demonstrating appropriate blockchain data safeguarding techniques.
- Blockchain Architects
- Blockchain Developers
- Application Developers
- Blockchain System Administrators
- Network Security Architects
- Cyber Security Experts
- IT Professionals w/cyber security experience
This course is available in a self-paced video format starting at $60. Click here to learn more and register. For complete self-paced blockchain training, visit our Complete Blockchain Development Training page.
Overall Info About our Live Classes
30 hours of hands-on training led by experienced instructors
Digital courseware and online course tracking
Final course project delivery
Certificate of Completion for each course
In-person in DC or live online for $2500 per course
Course Session Dates
Our courses are offered all year around. Upon registration we enroll you to the earliest available class but you can reschedule it free of charge.
- Virtual live instructor classes via Zoom
- In-person classes in Washington DC and Virginia:
Below are our DC classroom locations:
Below are our Virginia classroom locations:
- Dupont Circle
- 1666 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C. 20009
- Logan Circle
- 1624 14th St NW Washington D.C. 20009
- 601 I St NW Washington D.C. 20001
- Columbia Heights
- 3343 14th St NW Washington D.C. 20010
- Falls Church
- Comining soon...
Private custom training on site or at your location
Project based training cn site or at your location
Online Monday-Friday: 11 am-5:30 pm EST
DC Monday-Friday: 9 am-3:30 pm EST
DC/Online Saturdays: 11 am-5:30 pm EST
DC/Online Sundays: 1 pm-7:30 pm EST
Private custom & project based training: your preference
Our classes are taught on the most current version of software whenever possible. To request a specific version, please Contact Us or call us at 240-200-6131
View Other Classes!
Topics Covered in this Course
I- Smart Contract Security
- Introduction to Smart Contracts
- Smart Contract Security Considerations
- Smart Contract Code Auditing
II- Blockchain Risk Assessment
- Blockchain Risk Considerations
- Regulatory Requirements & compliance
- Blockchain Architectural Design and platforms and ecosystem
III- Basic Blockchain Security
- User Security
- Node Security
- Network Security
IV- Blockchain platforms and security
- Introduction to Ethereum Security
- Introduction to Hyperledger Security
- Introduction to Corda Security
V- Securely Implementing Blockchain Applications
- Business Operations
- Data Management
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
VI- Network-Level Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- 51% Attacks
- Denial of Service Attacks
- Eclipse Attacks
- Replay Attacks
- Routing Attacks
- Sybil Attacks
VII- System-Level Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- The Bitcoin Hack
- The Verge Hack
- The EOS Vulnerability
- The Lisk Vulnerability
VIII- Smart Contract Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Access Control
- Unchecked Return Values
- Denial of Service
- Bad Randomness
- Race Conditions
- Timestamp Dependence
- Short Addresses
IX- Security of Alternative DLT Architectures
- Introduction to DAG-Based DLTs
- Advantages of DAG-Based DLTs
- Limitations of DAG-Based DLTs
X- Advanced Blockchain Security Mechanisms
- Architectural Security Measures
- Permissioned Blockchains
- Advanced Cryptographic Solutions
- Multiparty Signatures
- Zero-Knowledge Proofs
- Stealth Addresses
- Ring Signatures
- Confidential Transactions