Workshop Code: hsts-w3
In this hands-on training workshop, students will learn best practices for using Social Media for Government. Students will learn how to optimize their profiles and how often to post. This class will also explore which platforms are appropriate for which kinds of groups and content, selecting keywords, and applying SEO for all of your government social media posts.
Students must have a good working knowledge of computers, operating systems, using a mouse, keyboard, standard menus and commands. Students must be able to open, save, and close applications, files, as well as navigate to other folders.
Public Affairs Specialists
Social Media Managers
New Media Specialists
Managing Social Media for Government
Responsive Site Design with Bootstrap
Beginner Website Design Using HTML and CSS
Responsive Website Design Using Advanced HTML5 and CSS3
Intro to Dreamweaver with Website Development Training
Adobe Muse Training Course
In-person in DC for $390 or Online for $290 per 6 hour workshop
Our workshops are offered all year around. Upon registration we enroll you to the earliest available class but you can reschedule it free of charge.
1. Discussion: Incorporating social media as part of content marketing strategy
2. Identifying the appropriate social media platforms for the target audience
3. Discussion: what different social media platforms are for which target audience, types of content distributed
4. Applying search engine optimization (SEO) to social media
5. Identifying applicable keywords and phrases
6. Optimizing the specific social media promotion strategy for a post, link, video, infographic, etc. for better visibility in both Google and social media search results
7. How often to post on social media
8. Optimizing individual social media profiles and company pages for increased visibility to the target audience
9. Discussion: Return On Investment (ROI) expectations for social media participation, content distribution and promotion efforts
Pick your class type